Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Old Stuff Part 8- THE EPIC VIDEO GAME JOURNALISM TRILOGY pt3

This was a prototype banner for HearMii, the second version of the first game site I wrote for. That tangent line represents the tangents we went on during podcasts. I didn't get it at first either.


Oh HearMii.com. I read you back when you were Wii.TV in 2007. I helped relaunch you when you got hacked. You got me started. You inspired me to improve my writing, video and audio producing skills. You introduced to me to a lot of cool people both podcasts guests and co-bloggers. You let me run a forum with an iron fist. I tried to help you gain more traction, we all did. But no matter how many relaunches you tried, magazines and other different content you created or contests you ran, it never really came together. There were hills and valleys but looking back it was mostly a slow decline. Maybe you'll turn around once people can devote the time needed to make you something cool. Hopefully I'll be able to help.

Until then I'll fondly remember Hear Mii as the place where my games journalism career began.

You can see all my Hear Mii articles right here

I'm also 90% sure some of my Hear Mii friends are reading this right now. Hi guys! Hope you didn't think this was too harsh.

3 comments:

  1. ASSIE! Doing this blog made me nostalgic for the old days of publishing Hear Mii through blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I only just now read that reply. Well, you're more than welcome to do a guest post on HearMii whenever you like, you should still have authorship.

    ReplyDelete